So you’ve got the dress and the shoes, but as your big day approaches make sure your best accessory, your skin, looks absolutely flawless. Here are some tips to guide your to skin to bliss on your special day!
It is important to begin your bridal skin routine at least 6 weeks before your wedding day. You want to give your skin time to adjust to your new routine, and 6 weeks is the time it takes to see maximum results from your skin care routine.
1. Don’t Stress: Easier said than done, right? I know, but one of the first places that stress appears is on your face. Stress causes fine lines, dull skin and even the dreaded breakout. Avoid late minute runs to the drug store for acne cream, and try to limit your stress. A great way to keep anxiety at bay is to find an outlet to relieve wedding related tension, such as exercise or bikram yoga (which are great for your skin).
2. Drink Plenty of H2O: Drinking water is the most important component of any skin care routine. Increasing your water intake will reduce the occurrence of pimples and breakouts and keep skin moisturized and soft. You should drink at least half your body weight in ounces. So if you weigh 150 pounds, you should drink at least 75 ounces of water a day.
3. Avoid Salty/Sugary Foods: Eating foods high in salt and sugar contribute to breakouts. So instead of reaching for the bag of chips during those late night planning sessions, opt for healthier snacks instead.
4. Facials: Every bride needs a good facial. However, it is important to schedule your facial at least 1-2 weeks before your wedding day. Your skin will need time to heal adjust and heal from any irritation. For example, if you get a deep pore treatment, often times the skin will look worse because the toxins are being removed, before it looks better.
5. Eye Serum: Lets face it, everyone will be looking at your face on your big day, and you want it to be picture perfect. Using a good under eye serum will help to decrease dark circles, fine lines, and puffiness, giving you a more youthful appearance on your special day.
6. Toner: Breakouts are caused by bacteria on the skin. Decrease the chances of breakouts by using toner after washing your face. A great natural/DIY toner is Apple Cider Vinegar. Combine equal parts Apple Cider Vinegar and water and use after washing your face.
7. Exfoliate: Exfoliate your body and face for soft glowing skin. Exfoliating removes the top layer of dead skin cells, revealing the healthier younger looking skin underneath. For the face, exfoliate once a week. For the body, exfoliate 2-3 times weekly.
8. Moisturize: The key to soft skin is moisture. Keep skin moisturized with a body cream in the weeks before your wedding. The optimal time to impart moisture to the skin, is right after the shower while the skin is still damp. On your wedding day opt for a lighter moisturizer, like a Lotion Spray that will give you lasting moisture, but won’t leave an oily residue, when dressing or changing.
9. Enjoy your special day! Your skin looks the best when you are happy so be in the moment and enjoy every part of your wedding journey!